Exceptional Alumni Honored with Merit Awards
Ten alumni from across the University have been recognized for their achievements
and will receive this year’s Alumni Merit Awards.
The National Alumni Board, Development Division, leadership and faculty from ten schools
and colleges across the University selected this year’s winners.
The winners are:
- Thomas Downey (A& S '86)
- William Sly (Med '57)
- Thomas Hillmeyer (Cook '64)
- Margaret Vandeven (Grad Ed '14)
- Linda Heitman (Nursing '87 and Grad Nursing '01)
- Michael Riley (Doisy '75)
- J. Breezer Rickey (CPHSJ - Social Work '92)
- Patrick Lee (Parks '59)
- J. Barry McCormick (Institute of Technology '62 and Grad Institute of Technology, '67)
- Frank Friedlein, Jr. (Professional Studies '76)
Saint Louis University established the Alumni Merit Awards in 1955 to recognize
outstanding alumni and acknowledge the notable success of the University’s alumni.
Those selected for the award are alumnae and alumni who have listed the mission of
Saint Louis University in daily life and who have achieved outstanding success in
civic leadership, professional and social welfare activities, intellectual and cultural
pursuits and have a continued interest and service toward supporting the enhancement
of Saint Louis University.