SLU Faculty Recognized for Excellence in Research
The Office of the Vice President for Research hosted the 40th Annual Grant winner reception Friday, Jan. 27, in the Pere Marquette Gallery.
Senior and junior faculty were recognized for excellence in research, and faculty innovation and service awards were also presented. Nominations are solicited from college deans and associate deans for research.
At the event, colleagues also honor administrative staff for excellence in research administration.
Faculty Awards for Excellence in Research
- Daniel Hoft, M.D., Ph.D., Dianna and J. Joseph Adorjan Endowed Chair in Infectious Diseases, Allergy and Immunology Director, Division of Infectious Diseases, Allergy and Immunology, Departments of Internal Medicine and Molecular Microbiology School of Medicine
- Allison Miller, Ph.D., Department of Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Lisa Jaegers, Ph.D., Department of Occupational Therapy, Doisy College of Health Sciences
- Scott Sell, Ph.D., Department of Biomedical Engineering, Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
Faculty Innovation Awards
- Paul Jelliss, Ph.D., and Steven Buckner, Ph.D., in recognition for founding nanoMetallix, LLC, the company they formed to further develop and commercialize their work in the field of passivated aluminum nanoparticles.
Faculty Service Award
- William Siler, Ph.D. Department of Physical Therapy, Doisy College of Health Sciences, in recognition of his outstanding leadership while director of the Office of Research Services.
Excellence in Research Administration Award
- Kathryn Lindsay, MEd, MSN, APRN, AGPCNP-BC, CCRN-K, CEN, CCRC Clinical Nurse and Research Coordinator, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine
The awards, which included a commemorative plaque and a $1000 prize to be used to support continued research, were presented by the deans and colleagues of the winners.