Annual Fire Alarm Inspections Scheduled
In coordination with SLU’s Department of Public Safety, Simplex Grinnell will be performing
annual fire alarm inspections on the schedule below.
The majority of each inspection will take place silently. However, by code, all audible
fire alarms in SLU buildings must be tested. The audible portions of the tests will
be performed at the end of each inspection for four to five minutes in order to minimize
the disturbance the sounds could cause. These audible tests will consist of the building
horns and strobe lights going off while the inspectors walk the buildings to ensure
all alarms are sounding properly.
Inspections may take place over more than one day. The schedule of tests could vary
by a day or two in some cases.
The complete schedule of inspections is as follows:
- Simon Recreation Center, Oct. 4
- Marchetti Towers West, Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. Sound signals will be tested along with
a fire drill on Oct. 5 at 10 a.m.
- Wool Center, Oct. 9
- Litteken Hall, Oct. 10
- Ritter Hall, Oct. 11
- Allied Health Building, Oct. 12 and Oct. 13
- SLUCare Office Building, Oct. 16
- Edward Doisy Research Center, Oct. 17, Oct. 18 and Oct. 19
- Event Services, Oct. 20
- Searls Hall, Oct. 23
- Salus Center, Oct. 24, Oct. 25, Oct. 26 and Oct. 27
- Dreiling Marshal Hall, Oct. 30 and Oct. 31
- Hickory Garage West, Nov. 1
- Hickory Garage East, Nov. 2
- Kelly and Monsanto Halls, Nov. 3
For more information, contact Darren Gaertner or call 314-977-3512.