Nominations Open for SLU 'Women of the Year'
The Saint Louis University Women’s Commission is accepting nominations for 2018’s
“Woman of the Year” until Monday, March 5.
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of
selecting five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime
luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students are
recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University
and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends,
supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held at noon on Wednesday, April 25, in the Wool Ballroom,
Busch Student Center.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below,
and be approximately 1,000 words. Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed and include the name and contact information of the
- To nominate more than one individual, it is necessary to submit separate letters.
- The number of letters for a single individual is not a factor in the selection process.
Criteria for selection (include in nomination letter):
- Give evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by
the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her personal and professional achievements.
Please list awards, honors, and distinctions she has received and significant contributions
she has made.
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Give evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on
campus and in the community.
- Give evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women
at SLU and within the community.
- Years of Service (for SLU faculty or staff): The nominee must be an employee at Saint
Louis University for at least five years.
Women who have been selected previously for this honor are not eligible. A list of
past honorees is available on the SLU Women's Commission page of SLU’s website.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Kellisa Lyn Fiala, Women's Commission awards chair, no later than Monday, March 5.