Fresh Gatherings Debuts New June Menu
Fresh Gatherings Café has launched a new set menu for the month of June. The menu
was designed by chef Dan Brewer and a team of culinary-forward nutrition and dietetics
students with a goal to create dishes reflecting the abundant seasonal produce created
from SLU’s urban garden and other local farms this summer.
This menu will be effective until the end of June, with a new menu to debut in July.
Fresh Gatherings is located in lower level of the Allied Health Professions Building.
The café’ is accessible by the Grand Shuttle Service. The café is open Monday through
Thursday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and on Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For updates on what is happening at Fresh Gatherings, check Instagram or Facebook.
- Hakurei turnips (v+) (gf) - turnip top salsa verde - $5
- Mokum carrots (v) (gf) - labneh, olive oil, zaatar - $5
- Porchetta sandwich - herbed pork, mesclun greens, preserved lemon aioli, focaccia,
chips - $9.5
- Detroit red beet tartine (v+) - beet salad, tehina, kale chips, whole wheat toast
- Tuscan kale salad (v) (gf) - crispy shallots, radish, pecorino, buttermilk dressing
- Side salad (v) - butterleaf lettuce, herbs, crouton, arugula vinaigrette - $4
- Strawberry chop salad (v) (gf) - strawberries, English cucumber, feta, mint, lemon,
olive oil, pine nut - $8
- Soup du jour - daily offering - $3 or $4.25
Beyond lunch, the café’ will also serve a rotating daily hot breakfast offering as
well as grab and go items.