'Women of the Year' Honorees Announced
Five SLU women have been named “Women of the Year” by the Saint Louis University Women’s
Commission and will be honored at the commission’s annual spring luncheon on Wednesday,
April 25, in the Wool Ballroom, Busch Student Center. The luncheon will begin at noon.
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of
selecting five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime
luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students, are
recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University
and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends,
supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
The 2018 Women of the Year honorees
- Michelle Lewis, director, Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity
- Debra Rudder Lohe, Ph.D., director, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning
- Kate McCollum, senior, College of Arts and Sciences
- Teri Murray, Ph.D., professor and dean of the School of Nursing
- Janet Oberle, coordinator and senior associate athletic director, Athletics
Criteria for selection
- Given evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured
by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- Past recognition and honors for her personal and professional achievements.
- Given evidence of sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Given evidence that she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on
campus and in the community.
- Given evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women
at SLU and within the community.
- Five or more years of Service for SLU faculty or staff nominees.
To reserve a seat for the April 25 luncheon, click here.
A list of past honorees is available on the SLU Women's Commission website.