Adjunct Faculty Orientation Set Aug. 28
As the fall semester gets underway, Saint Louis University will welcome its adjunct faculty to an orientation evening designed to support their unique needs on Wednesday, Aug. 28, in the Pere Marquette Gallery, DuBourg Hall.
Opening Remarks, 5:30 to 5:40 p.m.
- Debie Rudder Lohe, Ph.D., acting associate provost for faculty affairs and development, will welcome those attending the orientation. Christopher Collins, S.J., assistant to the president for mission and identity will give the night’s invocation.
Roundtable Discussions, 5:40 to 7:20 p.m.
- Session 1 – Sandy Gambill, senior instructional developer, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning, will give a brief overview of Reinert Center services and programs to support teaching.
- Session 2 – Gina Merys, acting director, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning, will lead a discussion on teaching and justice.
- Session 3 – Martha Allen, Research and Instruction Services Department, Pius XII Memorial Library, will give an overview of the Library resources and support available for teaching.
- Session 4 – Collins will discuss the University’s mission and Jesuit identity.
- Session 5 – Elaine Marschik, manager, Academic Technology Commons, Information Technology Services (ITS), will provide an overview of the key academic technologies available for teaching.
Closing remarks will take place from 7:20 to 7:30 p.m.