Public Safety Offers Self-Defense Course
The Department of Public Safety will offer two sessions of its Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Basic Self-Defense course this fall.
The course is a female-only basic self-defense course and includes 12 hours of hands on self-defense where women will learn hand strikes, kicks, blocking and other strategies of defense.
The R.A.D. course is free of charge and is open to all SLU students, staff and faculty.
The department will also be offering a new self-defense course this fall, Defense and Personal Safety, which will be open to everyone on campus. The Defense and Personal Safety course dates have not yet been confirmed and will be released on a later date.
R.A.D. Course Dates
- Saturday, Sept. 14, noon to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 21, noon to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 28, noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 5, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 12, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 5 to 8 p.m.
To sign up for one of the two R.A.D. courses, go to SkillSoft and look under “Instructor Led Training.”
For questions or more information, contact Officer Johsiey Litherland.