Submit Your Holiday Photos to Newslink
With the holiday season soon upon us, Newslink is seeking photo submissions from the SLU community showing the celebrations, good cheer, and good will that abound as the campus gets into the holiday spirit.
The submissions will be part of an end-of-semester photo story that will be published in the Friday, Dec. 20 Newslink edition.
Submissions may also be shared on SLU’s social media accounts.
Submissions must be received by noon on Thursday, Dec. 19, to be considered for inclusion in the story.
University Marketing and Communications will make the final determinations of what photos are included in the story.
Photos that are included the holiday story are subject to the guidelines below.
Guidelines and Recommendations
- Photos must be submitted digitally via email to Newslink with the subject line, “Holiday Photo Story Submission.”
- Submitted photos should be high-resolution (over 960 pixels or more) and clear/crisp. Low resolution photos are not compatible with SLU's website's requirements and cannot be included in the story.
- Please submit horizontal (landscape-format) photos if possible.
- Photos must be SLU-related, i.e. of an on-campus activity or campus-related activity with SLU community members. Personal photos that are not SLU-related should be shared elsewhere.
- Submissions should include the photographer’s name, SLU affiliation (student, faculty, staff member, alumni, or Billiken family) and contact information (phone and email) so that the submissions can be verified.
- Submissions should include a one sentence description of what is going on in the photo, where it was taken and when the photo was taken. If known, the names and SLU affiliations of those depicted in the photo should be included.
- Multiple photos may be submitted but not all photos may be used as part of the story. Some images may be used solely for social media purposes.
- Submitted photos must be the submitter’s original work and not owned/under copyright to another person or organization.
- Submissions depicting minor children will not be accepted without written consent of the child’s or children’s parents or legal guardians.
- The photo story centers on the theme of holiday celebrations. Submissions that do not adhere to the theme will not be included in the story.
For questions or more information, contact the Newslink editor at 314-977-2519 or email Newslink.