Research Proposals Sought for Mallinckrodt Scholar Awards
The University will hold a limited submission competition to determine its submissions to the Mallinckrodt Scholar Award Program. SLU may submit two research proposals to the funding program through the Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. Foundation.
The internal deadline for proposal materials is Friday, Nov. 15. The chosen proposals are due to the funder by Wednesday, Jan. 15.
About the Program
- The Mallinckrodt Scholar Award Program, through the Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. Foundation, is a competitive funding opportunity designed to provide faculty members who hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degrees, and are in their fifth to eighth year of a tenure-track position, with support to move the project forward to the point where other independent funding can be obtained.
- The award provides funding for up to four years at $100,000 per year.
- Applicants may have current R01 funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- SLU is one of 30 institutions invited to nominate two candidates. Participation in the competition is by invitation only.
What to Submit
- Interested investigators should submit a one to two page summary of their proposed project and Biosketch in NIH format by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 15.
- A one to two page lay summary will be required in the final proposal and will be of particular importance to the non-scientific trustees of the foundation.
- Submit documents as a single, combined PDF to Terri Borowiak.
- Investigators will be notified of their results by Tuesday, Dec. 3, barring unforeseen circumstances.