ISE Building Space Allocation Process Open
With construction on the new Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering (ISE) Building on track toward completion for the Fall 2020 term, the co-chairs of the ISE Building Committee have announced the process that will be used to allocate research space in the building in a message to the SLU community.
Approximately 10,000 sq. ft. of interdisciplinary research space will be allocated on a competitive basis.
These areas include the second floor of the building, which consists of offices and office suites, and the basement, which has office space along with wet lab capacity.
Floor plans for these areas can be found here.
Proposals are encouraged from faculty teams which require interdisciplinary research space, would benefit from being in the ISE building, and whose members would contribute to creating a collaborative and vibrant research environment in the ISE building.
Priority Considerations for Proposals
- Foster a highly interdisciplinary environment for faculty and students.
- Advance University research priorities.
- Advance computational methodologies and data science research across disciplines.
- Benefit student research opportunities.
- Include plans for effective utilization of the space, and/or promote north and south campus collaborations.
- As an initial step in the process, faculty teams should complete and submit a brief Letter of Intent by Monday, Oct. 7.
- Invitations to submit full proposals will be issued by Thursday, Oct. 31.
- Full proposals will be due Friday, Dec. 6.
For questions or more information, contact Jasmin Patel, assistant vice president for research.