SLU, Partners Host Health Care Supply Drive
A donation drive for supplies including hand sanitizer, masks and gloves is underway as Saint Louis University, SSM Health, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and BJC Health Care partner to help protect the doctors, nurses and health care workers on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic.
SLU is hosting a donation drop-off site at on the sidewalk in front of the West Pavilion Building, 3655 Vista Ave. The bin is intended to accept smaller donations intended specifically for SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital. The bin is one of several sites around the St. Louis area.
SLU, and its partner the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, have collaborated to aid the drive by providing the bin and campus donation site.
BJC Health Care and SSM Health have established a donation list and locations where drop-offs can be made in collaboration with local police departments.
"This is a great example of organizations coming together to serve the St. Louis community," Bobby Wassel, Ph.D., assistant director of SLU's Center for Service and Community Engagement, said.
"It also represents how SLU, SSM Health, BJC Health Care and the Society of St. Vincent De Paul not only carry out their our individual missions, but also how we act in solidarity with one another to maximize our ability to respond to St. Louis' needs in critical moments," Wassel continued.
What Donors Need to Know
- Items in high demand include FDA-approved surgical masks or N95masks and thermometers – infrared and forehead with disposable covers.
- Additional locations and needs are being updated on the site daily, so please reference the website prior to traveling to a donation site.
- If you plan to donate, please remember to use social distancing precautions at the point of drop-off.
- Those instructions are given by the donation location before and when deliveries are made.
- For questions pertaining to SLU-specific donations, community members can call -314-577-8001.
- Most large donations should go to the locations listed here.