Help SLU’s May Graduates Mark Their Achievement
SLU faculty and staff members can share their words of congratulations and hope for the future of the University’s 2020 graduates by sharing celebratory videos by Monday, May 4.
The videos will be shared with SLU’s new graduates virtually during a commemorative day planned later this month. The idea was generated in discussion with student leaders.
How You Can Help
- Share a 10 to 30-second video of you congratulating our students who graduate in May.
- As you prepare your remarks, consider covering what you hope for the future of these Billikens, what memories you have of them, and/or what is special about this graduating class.
Making a Video? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Record your video horizontally.
- Position yourself facing a window or outside. If there are bright lights on behind you, please turn them off.
- Look into the lens.
- Aim to include at least your head and shoulders in the frame.
- Record somewhere with limited background noise.
- Record yourself saying “Once a Billiken, always a Billiken,” for use in a possible montage.
- Consider wearing Billiken gear to show your SLU pride!
- To submit your video, you can attach it in a response to this email or upload it to this Google Drive folder. (Google Drive instructions: 1. After you open the folder, click “New” in the top left corner. 2. Click “File Upload.” 3. Navigate to the file on your computer and then click “Open.” 4. You will see the file uploading in the bottom right corner. Do not exit out of the Drive until that process is complete.)
Videos from all sectors of the University are welcome and as many as possible will be used. The Division of University Marketing and Communications cannot ensure that all videos will be used, however, and videos received after May 4 will not be considered for use.