University to Mark Ash Wednesday with Masses
To mark the beginning of the season of Lent on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 26, Saint Louis University will celebrate together at Masses throughout the day.
Lent is a season of renewal and a time when Catholics and other Christians are invited to deepen and strengthen their relationship with God in an intentional way.
During Lent, the SLU community, in communion with the full Roman Catholic Church, will engage in the practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving in preparation for living more fully the Paschal mystery celebrated anew each Easter.
Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule
- 7:15 a.m., Our Lady’s Chapel, St. Francis Xavier College Church
- 8:15 a.m., St. Raphael Chapel, Schwitalla Hall.
- Noon, St. Francis Xavier College Church
- Noon, Pruellage Courtroom, Scott Hall
- 12:05 p.m., Multipurpose Room, Allied Health Professions Building
- 5:15 p.m., St. Francis Xavier College Church
- 9 p.m., St. Francis Xavier College Church, hosted by the Department of Campus Ministry
In place of the usual residence hall masses in Reinert and Spring Halls, students are encouraged to attend the 9 p.m. Mass at College Church.
Priests will be available to hear confessions as part of the Sacrament of Reconciliation beginning at 8 p.m. at College Church.
For questions or more information, contact Erin Schmidt.
Submitted by Erin Schmidt.