Mission and Identity Offers Lent Retreat for Faculty, Staff
During this coming season of Lent, the Office of Mission and Identity will offer individual SLU faculty and staff members a Short Guided Retreat.
About the Retreat
- While committing to spending time each day in personal prayer, participants will meet weekly with a spiritual director for each of the six weeks of Lent.
- Retreat participants will receive an introduction to spiritual direction, Ignatian spirituality, and guided prayer and an adaptation of the Spiritual Exercises (the 18th Annotation).
- Each person will receive a Bible and journal to record daily prayer experiences, participants will be guided through methods of discernment, journaling and spiritual direction.
- Opening and closing luncheons allow participants to share in the experience as a community. - A brief retreat experience, especially for those who are new to the Spiritual Exercises.
- The Opening Luncheon will be held at noon on Monday, Feb. 24, and the closing luncheon will be held at the same time on Wednesday, April 15. Both events will take place in Boileau Hall.