Abstracts Sought for Sigma Xi Research Symposium
The SLU Sigma Xi Research Symposium is accepting abstract submissions for the symposium, which will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. on Friday, April 17, in the Center for Global Citizenship.
Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit an abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The following information is required:
- Presenter name and email address
- Research Advisor's name and email
- Coauthors and affiliations (if any)
- Abstract should be no longer than 200 words and should include topic background, research question, method(s) and brief results. No footnotes or images should be included.
- All research that involves animals, human subjects or bio/chemical agents and/or radiation must receive the appropriate institutional approvals.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 27.
About the Symposium
- There will be a total of six awards, one for each of the highest scoring undergraduate and graduate projects in the three subject divisions (biological/life sciences, physical/engineering sciences, and social/behavioral sciences).
- Additional information is available here.
- Any questions can be sent to SLU's chapter.
Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society is an honor society and was founded in 1886. The Society has more than 500 chapters in the world. The SLU chapter was founded in 1944. Individuals who have presented or published their work, including participants in our research symposium are eligible for membership.
Submitted by Dana Baum, Ph.D., president; Lisa Willoughby, Ph.D., treasurer; Tanyathorn Hauwadhanasuk, secretary.