Nominations Open for SLU 'Women of the Year'
The Saint Louis University Women’s Commission is accepting nominations for 2020’s “Woman of the Year” until Friday, March 13.
Since 1977, the Women's Commission selected five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon.
The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held at noon on Wednesday, April 22, in the Wool Ballroom, Busch Student Center.
- A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below, and be approximately 1,000 words.
- Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed and include the name and contact information of the nominee.
- To nominate more than one individual, it is necessary to submit separate letters.
- The number of letters for a single individual is not a factor in the selection process.
Criteria for Selection
- Give evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her personal and professional achievements.
- List awards, honors, and distinctions she has received and significant contributions she has made.
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Give evidence how she is a “person for others” in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community.
- Give evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- A staff or faculty nominee must be an employee at Saint Louis University for at least five years.
- Women who have been selected previously for this honor are not eligible.
- A list of past honorees is available on the SLU Women's Commission page of SLU’s website.
- Letters of nomination should be sent to Women's Commission Awards Committee, no later than Friday, March 13.
Submitted by Melissa Burgess.