Performance Evaluations in Workday: How to Make Fairer, More Accurate Ratings
Supervisors can now access the 2019 annual performance evaluations from their Workday Inbox.
Evaluations should be completed and submitted by Sunday, March 15. Evaluations are one tool that supervisors can use to provide their teams with direction, opportunities for growth and recognition for their contributions.
To help SLU managers and supervisors with this responsibility, the Division of Human Resources has produced a series of short videos with guidelines for conducting effective performance evaluations.
The launch of the new Workday Performance Review tool is an opportunity to highlight key practices of effective performance evaluations.
While there are several practices that are important to conducting evaluations, University leaders are being asked to highlight these in particular:
- Clarify expectations, and performance standards
- Provide accurate performance ratings
- Recognize contributions made by solid performers
- Differentiate those who consistently exceed expectations in how they achieve their goals and demonstrate our core values
- Deliver feedback with both candor and compassion
These issues are important to SLU staff and are essential to fostering a culture reflective of the University’s institutional mission and Catholic, Jesuit values.
All of supervisors are encouraged to take a few minutes to review these videos.
Effective Performance Evaluations
- Establishes the importance of fairness and objectivity in performance evaluations
- Outlines three processes for improving performance management
Gives best practices for making sure your goals have the right elements to set you up for a good evaluation, including:
- Details how to make effective performance ratings, including:
- What to prepare before you make ratings
How to make effective ratings on:
- Overall performance
Walks you through the process of conducting an effective feedback meeting, including:
- Preparing feedback
- Delivering feedback
- Coaching for performance improvement
Submitted by Jeremy Henson. For questions or more information, contact Jeremy Henson.