Workday Release Update Coming
Twice a year, in March and September, Workday – SLU’s newest integrated, cloud-based administrative system – releases feature upgrades designed to increase functionality and enhance the user experience. Workday will be unavailable during the release update.
Workday’s spring release will come out on Saturday, March 7. Most updates for this Workday release will center on back-end improvements (which end users won’t notice), as well as several upgrades focused on improving Workday search functionality.
Like any major software upgrade, there is necessary downtime while the changes are implemented.
Workday will be unavailable for use on Saturday, March 7, from 1 to 9 a.m. This timeframe extends the normal weekly maintenance by a few hours but employees and administrators should make plans to anticipate this downtime.
Workday Issues after Release Weekend
While Information Technology Services (ITS) does not anticipate any major changes to Workday, some issues could arise.
If you experience any issues with Workday after the release please seek support by using one of the two ways outlined below.
ServiceNow Tickets for a Workday Issue
- Open a browser and go to help.slu.edu.
- Click the “Submit a Service Request” button.
- Click on “Human Resources” on the left side of the screen.
- Click “Workday Questions.”
- Fill out the Workday form; please be as detailed as possible.
- Call the ITS Help Desk at 314-977-4000.
- Select option 1 for “All Other Issues.”
- Help desk staff are prepared to triage Workday issues and will escalate tickets to SLU’s Human Resources (HR) team as needed for assistance.
For questions or more information, contact Cherish Hoffman, or call the ITS Help Desk at 314-977-4000.
Submitted by Cherish Hoffman.