Get Ready to Bust Stress and to 'Truly Take a Break'
The Division of Student Involvement, the Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness, and the Student Activities Board (SAB) want students to take a break on Tuesday, Oct. 20, with some stress relieving activities while staying safe on campus this fall break.
This semester has brought many challenges for students including a shortened fall break, lack of in-person socialization and events, and new styles of learning. These changes might bring mental health challenges students haven't dealt with before, and fall break is a day to truly relax and do some self-care activities.
Bust Your Stress Schedule
- Join Sarah for a meditation in the Mind and Body Room in the Simon Recreation Center. Space is limited and masks are required at all times.
- Visit the Wellness section to register.
- Stop by the Simon Recreation Center to grab a Mosaic Tile painting kit from 1 to 3 p.m. Stay and paint it with friends or take it back home to complete on your own.
- Registration required and limited supply. Visit the Wellness section to register.
- Don’t have time to go to a pumpkin patch this fall? Don’t worry, SLU is bringing the pumpkin patch to you for a special free pumpkin distribution from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Pumpkins are limited to 200 students, registration required.
- The first 50 students in line get a free carving or paint marker kit.
- Register here.
- The Student Activities Board (SAB) will help you delve into mystery and wonder with a show by virtual magician and illusionist, David Anthony at 8 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) via Zoom.
- Make sure you have two rubber bands and a deck of cards handy to learn how to do some magic at home.
- Visit the Student Activities SLU Groups Account to register.
Submitted by Tori Harwood.