University Marketing, Communications Efforts Win Awards
Saint Louis University's Division of Marketing and Communications won 15 awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District VI for staff members’ work advancing the University’s mission through communications and marketing efforts.
The 2021 CASE Awards includes two entries in the contest’s Platinum Awards division and three Gold Awards. The Platinum Award finalists will go on to complete in the national CASE competition.
SLU’s honors included nods for its social media campaigns, for traditional advertising projects and for multiple design, writing and publication projects.
The University competes against a range of colleges and universities including Colorado State University, the University of Kansas, the University of Missouri-St. Louis and other schools.
2021 CASE Awards
- Best Practices in Communications and Marketing: “SLU COVID-19 Vaccine Trials Media Outreach.” Work by Carrie Bebermeyer, Clayton Berry and Maggie Rotermund.
- Best Practices in Digital Communications: “Honor the Day.” Work by Laura Geiser, Anne Marie Apollo-Noel, Matt Krob, Aimee Felter, Sarah Hilgendorf, Jamie Klopmeyer, Stephanie Mueller and Joe Taylor.
Admission and Recruitment
- SILVER: Video-Student Recruitment-Short – “Find Your Way Home at Saint Louis University” Work coordinated by Sarah Hilgendorf with outside partner Fat Chance Media.
- GRAND GOLD: Specialty Pieces – Saint Louis University Holiday Card. Work by Aimee Felter.
- GOLD: Periodicals & Magazines – Universitas Winter 2019. Work by Matt Krob.
- SILVER: Editorial Design – Universitas Winter 2020-VP VIP. Work by Matt Krob.
- BRONZE: Covers – Universitas Summer 2020. Work by Matt Krob.
- BRONZE: Illustrations – Social Media “Stickers” for Honor the Day Event. Work by Aimee Felter.
- BRONZE: Invitations – Mary Bruemmer Centennial Celebration. Work by Matt Krob.
Marketing and Advertising
- BRONZE: Video-PSAs & Commercial Spots – “This is Where” Work, coordinated by Sarah Hilgendorf, Anne Marie Apollo-Noel, Kevin Bennett and Laura Geiser with outside partner Rodgers Townsend.
- GOLD: Video-General Information-Short International – Women’s Day Social Media Video. Work by Stephanie Mueller.
- SILVER: Special Events-Special Event Pivot – Honor the Day 5-16-20. Work by Laura Geiser, Anne Marie Apollo-Noel, Matt Krob, Aimee Felter, Sarah Hilgendorf, Jamie Klopmeyer, Stephanie Mueller and Joe Taylor.
- BRONZE: Digital Communications-Social Media – Project Billiken. Work by Anne Marie Apollo-Noel, Stephanie Mueller, Joe Taylor and Sarah Hilgendorf.
Writing and Communications
- SILVER: Magazines-Alumni/General Interest 2x per year – Universitas: The Alumni Magazine of Saint Louis University. Work by Laura Geiser, Amy Garland and Matt Krob.
- BRONZE: Writing-Column or Opinion Piece – “The Best Questions” from Universitas. Written by Michael Rozier, S.J.
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) supports alumni relations, communications, development and marketing professionals at educational institutions worldwide. The association provides networking, recognition and continuing education for more than 64,000 advancement professionals at more than 3,400 colleges, universities and independent elementary and secondary schools in more than 70 countries.