Fall 2023 Move-In: Where to Park
Saint Louis University will welcome its new and returning Billikens home to campus beginning Thursday, Aug. 17. During this time, traffic will be heavy around campus, and campus parking options will be impacted.
New Billikens will move in over two days: Thursday, Aug. 17, and Friday, Aug. 18. Returning student Move-In is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 19, and Sunday, Aug. 20.
Staff, faculty, and students should read the guidance below and consult the north campus parking map to plan for getting to, from, and around campus and to be prepared to park in a new, temporary location during Move-In and Fall Welcome.
Where to Park
- The entire Laclede Garage will be used as an unloading zone for students in the Griesedieck Complex and Grand Hall. Laclede Garage permit holders should plan to park in the Olive Compton Garage from 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16, through 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 18.
- A shuttle will be provided from the Olive Compton Garage to ease SLU community members' commute to and from campus.
- Faculty and staff should avoid the Laclede Garage and other surface lots during these dates as students and their families move into the residence halls. Refer to the North Campus parking map for areas to avoid during Move-In.
- A number of SLU surface lots will be used for Move-In and closed to permit holders.
- Travel on Laclede Avenue will also be affected, including no westbound traffic between Spring Avenue and Grand Boulevard on Thursday, Aug. 17, and Friday, Aug. 18.
More Parking Information
The entire Laclede Garage will be used as a staging area for students moving into the Griesedieck Complex and Grand Hall. After students have checked in and unloaded on the main level, they will move their vehicles to the bottom or top level.
Laclede Garage permit holders must park in the Olive Compton Garage from 6 p.m on Wednesday, Aug. 16, through 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 18.
Lots Closed for Move-In and Fall Welcome Activities
- Holy Cross
- San Francisco
- St. Peters
Watch the Roads
Faculty and staff should avoid Laclede Avenue, which will be one-way from Spring Avenue to Grand Boulevard on Thursday, Aug. 17, and Friday, Aug. 18.
All vehicles planning to travel on Laclede Avenue should approach from Vandeventer Avenue toward Grand Boulevard.
- Families will be asked to relocate their vehicles from the Laclede Garage upon unloading. If they are leaving campus, they will be advised to park in Olive Compton when they return. If they are simply moving out of unloading zones, they can park on the upper or lower levels of Laclede Garage.
- Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in Laclede overnight on Thursday, Aug. 17, as it will be re-set for the next day’s arrivals.
- A shuttle will run on a 10-minute loop during move-in, with stops at Olive Compton Garage and the Busch Student Center.
- A shuttle will be available for SLU faculty, staff members and other community members from the Olive Compton Garage to ease the impact of parking changes on their commutes to and from campus. This shuttle will run continuously during Move-In.
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-977-2957.