Reinert Center Opens Call for Applications for Innovative Teaching Fellowship
The Paul C. Reinert, S.J., Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning announces the next call for applications for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship.
The Fellowship prepares and supports faculty for teaching in Saint Louis University’s Learning Studio, a highly flexible, technology-rich experimental classroom. Full-time, permanent teaching faculty members at Saint Louis University are eligible to apply.
This competitive, two-semester fellowship provides either a $3,000 stipend or funding to cover a 1-course reduction in teaching in order to support course (re)design and instructional development activities during the semester prior to teaching in the Learning Studio, and classroom and ongoing instructional development support during the semester of teaching in the Learning Studio.
The next call for applications is for the following fellowship period:
- Course Release (semester 1): Spring 2024
- Course Teaching (semester 2): Fall 2024
Faculty who wish to apply must complete all stages of the application process as described below, including:
- Attend a Pre-Application Information Session
- Secure approval from both their department chair/program director and dean
- Submit a complete application no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 29.
Information Sessions will be held on the following dates in Des Peres Hall, room 213:
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., in 213 Des Peres Hall
- Thursday, Sept. 14, noon to 1 p.m., in 213 Des Peres Hall
- Friday, Sept. 15, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., in 213 Des Peres Hall
To reserve a seat in one of the required Pre-Application Information Sessions, fill out the Google form.
Complete details about the application process and electronic versions of all forms may be found on the Reinert Center website.