Scholarly Works Reception Is September 14
The 2023 Scholarly Works reception, where the Office of the Vice President for Research will honor the work and accomplishments of SLU faculty who have been selected by peers for research excellence.
The reception will be held in the Sinquefield Stateroom in DuBourg Hall, Room 409, from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 14.
The annual ceremony celebrates excellence in research and scholarship, recognizing success in publications and exhibitions from the previous year. In addition to the awards, President Fred Pestello, Ph.D., and Provost Michael Lewis, Ph.D., will provide comments honoring the outstanding research happening at SLU.
All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to join the celebration. Light refreshments will be provided. No RSVP is necessary.
2023 Scholarly Works Awards
- Junior Faculty Winner: Whitney Linsenmeyer, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Senior Faculty Winner: Pauline Lee, Ph.D., and Helen de Cruz, Ph.D. (co authors), Associate Professor (Lee) & Professor (de Cruz), Theological Studies and Philosophy
- Senior Faculty Winner: Amber Johnson, Ph.D.,Professor, Communication (joined UC Berkeley in 2023)
- Senior Faculty Winner: Dana Baum, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Honorable Mention: Annie Garner, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Psychology
- Junior Faculty Winner: Jamie Neely, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- Honorable Mention: Sean Massa, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology
Book in language other than English
- Winner: Angeles Encinar, Ph.D., Professor, Spanish Department, SLU Madrid
- Junior Faculty Winner: Emily Dumler-Winckler, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Theological Studies
- Honorable Mention: Afonso Seixas-Nunes, S.J., Assistant Professor, School of Law
- Senior Faculty Winner: Amanda Izzo, Ph.D., and Benjamin Looker, Ph.D., (co eds), Associate Professors, Women’s and Gender Studies and American Studies