May 2021 Commencement
With the priority of safely celebrating our Billikens while keeping families and the community protected this spring during the COVID-19 pandemic, Saint Louis University will host in-person precommencement ceremonies by individual college and school for the graduating classes of December 2020 and May 2021, as well as a pre-recorded, virtual University-wide commencement ceremony.
SLU plans to have 16 precommencement ceremonies May 18-22. Some colleges and schools will have more than one ceremony to account for the number of graduates.
- The ceremonies will take place in Chaifetz Arena and will be livestreamed for loved ones to view at home. Graduates and guests will be required to wear masks, complete #CampusClear prior to the ceremony and keep a safe distance from others while in the Arena.
- Each ceremony is capped at 250 graduates.
- Each graduate can bring two guests.
- Registration is mandatory for both graduates and their guests.
- All ceremonies will be capped at 90 minutes.
Colleges and schools will contact graduates individually to inform them which ceremony they are invited to participate in, how to register to attend, how to register their guests and provide any additional information.
Virtual Commencement Ceremony
Saint Louis University's main 2021 May commencement ceremony, featuring an address from the University president and awarding of honorary degrees, will be a virtual event.
A prerecorded, virtual ceremony will be released at 2 p.m. on Sunday, May 23. It will be posted online and shared via email and all of SLU’s social media platforms.