Saint Louis University's caps and gowns are keepsakes and made of a high-quality material. All undergraduate gowns are purchased, not rented, eliminating the need for separate measuring and pick-up dates and the inconvenience of returns after the commencement ceremony.
Celebrate Your Graduation
Custom personalized announcements may be purchased any time online at herff.ly/slucampus.
Saint Louis University Class Rings
Class rings are a timeless symbol of your achievements at Saint Louis University. Balfour rings are available in the bookstore at all times, online at Balfour or during the Graduation Fair. You can also order by phone at 877-BALFOUR.
Diploma frames are available in the bookstore year-round.
Honors Cords, Tassels and More
Honors recognition items (cords, tassels, stoles, etc.) are given out by some academic programs, honor societies and student organizations. Contact your academic department or student organizations for more information and to see if you qualify.
Commencement Adornment Policy
In recognition of the degree or certificate being granted, as well as the service component of a graduate's Jesuit education that supports it, the following adornments are allowed during a commencement ceremony:
- Medals, pins, honor cords and stoles conferred by SLU (the institution as a whole).
- Medals, pins, honor cords and stoles conferred by a recognized SLU organization, or by a SLU school, college or center.
- A stole or cord issued or supported by the University's Office of International Services.
- A red, white and blue cord worn by active military and veterans.
- Adornments to the top of the mortarboard; however, these are limited to adornments that represent the degree being granted. Three dimensional adornments on the mortarboard are not permitted.
- All graduates, irrespective of program or degree, are required to wear the traditional cap and gown appropriate to the degree being conferred. The wearing of the hood, when appropriate, is optional but highly recommended.