The Geospatial Institute at Saint Louis University held seminars to foster a free exchange of ideas on geospatial research as well as research which uses location science as an enabler. The seminars highlighted research from SLU students, post-doctoral fellows, visiting scholars, faculty and industry experts across different disciplines.
GeoSLU Seminar Series - Spring 2021
Scholars provided 13 individual presentations during the spring semester of 2021. The table below provides an overview of the topics as well as links to watch the recordings.
- Overview of the Geospatial Institute Feb 12, 2021, by Henning Lohse-Busch, Ph.D., Director of Business Development and Outreach, Geospatial Institute
- Seeing the Unseen with Hyperspectral Data and Machine Learning Feb 12, 2021, by Sourav Bhadra, Ph.D. Student in Environmental Science and Geospatial Sciences, Saint Louis University.
- Spatial and Ecological Associations of School District Policies During the COVID-19 Pandemic Feb 26, 2021, by Stephen Scroggins, Ph.D. Student in Behavioral Sciences, Saint Louis University, & Pre-doctoral Research Fellow, Sinquefield Center for Applied Economic Research.
- Geographies of Hope March 12, 2021, by Pedro Spindler-Ruiz, Ph.D. Candidate in Public and Social Policy, Saint Louis University
- Capturing the Built-up World in 3D March 12, 2021, by Jorge Chen, Ph.D., P.E., Research Scientist, Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, & Visiting Scholar at SLU Geospatial Institute
- Locust Mapping to Contend Global Food March 26, 2021, by Kristen Rhodes, Ph.D. Student, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Saint Louis University
- Measuring Blood Pressure and Cholesterol in Plants March 26, 2021, by Canh Nguyen, Ph.D. Student in Environmental Science and Geospatial Science, Saint Louis University
- Remotely Sensing Differences in Vegetation Health April 09, 2021, by Kimberly R. Carver, M.S. Student in Geospatial Sciences, Saint Louis University, and Imagery Intelligence Analyst, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- Post-Wildfire Vegetation Recovery April 09, 2021, by Eric Suter, B.S. Student in Computer Engineering, Saint Louis University
- Sport Diversity Index: Reframing Inequity in Youth Physical Activity April 23, 2021, by Kemba Noel-London, M.A.T., ATC, CES, Ph.D. Candidate, Saint Louis University
- Landscape Change in Ejidos Across Yucatan, Mexico: Distant Drivers and Social-ecological Impacts April 23, 2021, by Ted Lawrence, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow, Geospatial Institute
- Premature Birth and Race in Missouri May 07, 2021, by Mintesnot Teni, Ph.D. Student in Behavioral Sciences, Saint Louis University
- Remote Sensing and Violent Conflict May 07, 2021, by Caleb Buffa, M.S. Student in Geospatial Sciences, Saint Louis University
We hope that you will enjoy exploring these exciting topics. Contact us if you would like to learn more.