Care for the Entire Person
Have you heard the term cura personalis? It’s not just another old Latin phrase here at Saint Louis University. It’s an expression that forms the core of how we nurture spiritual life in our SLU community.
Read below for more information on how Campus Ministry achieves this at SLU.
Keep Up With Campus Ministry
Subscribe to our newsletter or visit our contact page to contact our staff. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and find links to applications, videos, and other Campus Ministry updates on our Linktree.
New to SLU? New to Campus Ministry?
- Join us from 5:30-6:30 p.m., every Wednesday in Wuller Hall for community nights: prayer, games, faith-sharing, and building community with students across campus.
- Registration is open for the 2025 Connections Retreat, November 17-19, 2023 at Manresa
Retreat Center. How do experiences with others make us whole? SLU Campus Ministry's
Connections Retreat offers space to consider this question and time to cultivate our
call to authentic relationships in all areas of our lives - with friends, family,
romantic partners, and ourselves, sponsored by the SLU Department of Campus Ministry.
Cost is $25; contact Julia Erdlen at email@example.com or Becca Muder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connections Retreat Registration
- Our Sunday Student Mass for the 2023-2024 academic year is at 8 p.m. each week in St. Francis Xavier College Church.
- Students serve the SLU worshiping community as ministers of hospitality, servers, lectors and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion. Student ministers who have been trained usually participate in the Sunday Masses at 4:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. in College Church. Fill out this interest form to be contacted about liturgical minister training for SLU student and University Masses.
- If you are musically inclined (or wish you were), consider joining our award-winning Mass Choir. SLU's student Mass Choir provides the music for the 4:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Masses on Sunday at College Church. Our musical selections follow the spirit of the readings for each week with an eclectic mix of traditional hymns, contemporary Christian music and choral arrangements. We welcome any SLU student (undergraduate, graduate, alumni) who enjoys making music and is open to our church setting to sing and play with us. Contact Choir Director Sally Iocca or fill out this interest form to have someone contact you with more information about the choir. Check out a sample of some of our songs on the SLU Campus Ministry YouTube Channel.
- Looking to connect with ministers or organizations that represent your religious tradition? Contact a Campus Minister or complete this form.
10:30 a.m. (Livestream available)
7:15 a.m. and noon, Monday-Friday
10:45 a.m. – noon, Monday-Friday
Weekday Masses are held on campus in the following locations:
- 6 p.m., Monday, Boileau Hall Chapel
- 8 p.m., Tuesday, Jesuit Center Chapel, Mass followed by Upper Room (contemporary praise and worship with Eucharistic adoration)
- 8 p.m., Wednesday, Boileau Hall Chapel
- 8 p.m., Thursday, Jesuit Center Chapel
- 3 p.m., Friday, Boileau Hall Chapel
- 9:15 a.m., Saturday, Catholic Studies Chapel
All chapels in the residence halls are open for personal prayer, and the Eucharist is reserved for prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- The residence halls offer chapels: DeMattias, Fusz, Grand, Griesedieck, Marguerite, Reinert and Spring.
- At the School of Medicine, St. Raphael Chapel is in Schwitalla Hall, Room M254. Watch this video to find St. Raphael Chapel.
- The Law School's chapel is on the 7th floor of Scott Hall. Masses are held at 12:15 p.m. on Monday.
The Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis also has opportunities for Mass. The basilica is at 4431 Lindell Blvd., just four blocks west of the Lindell Boulevard and Vandeventer Avenue intersection. Mass times include:
Saturday: 5 p.m. vigil Mass
Sunday: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., noon and 5 p.m.