Homecoming 2019: What You Need to Know
The golf carts will be gaudy and the Billiken will bust out his best dance moves as Saint Louis University's students, faculty, staff members, Billiken families and friends celebrate at 2019 Homecoming and Family Weekend.
Plan Your Party
Weekend's Best Bets
Saturday, Sept. 28, 2:30 to 7:30 p.m., Laclede Avenue east of Grand Boulevard
- Join the SLU community for a brand new tradition! This year’s pregame tailgate has been entirely reinvented. Enjoy live music, tailgate games, food trucks* and family-friendly activities.
- Tailgate-going Billikens can even learn about the new Brewing Science and Operations Certificate from the University’s School for Professional Studies while sampling a variety of locally brewed beer in the beer garden.*
*Please note, food and drinks are for purchase
Full Tailgate Schedule
- 2 p.m. - Tailgate kickoff.
- 7 p.m. - The SLUnatics lead fellow fans for the Charge of the Billikens to Hermann Stadium.
- 7:30 p.m. - Men’s Soccer Game vs. Rhode Island, and SLU's signature halftime fireworks show.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 2 p.m., North Campus, beginning at the Olive Compton Garage
- Enjoy Saint Louis University’s beloved traditional Golf Cart Parade, sponsored by the Student Activities Board.
- This year’s parade will have a new route, but will still feature golf carts decorated by SLU’s creative student groups, departments, faculty and staff.
- The new course will depart from Olive Compton Garage and loop past the Homecoming and Family Weekend Tailgate on Laclede Ave.
Friday, Sept. 27, 5:30 p.m., SLU Teaching Garden
- Explore SLU's Teaching Garden and enjoy dishes that faculty and students have prepared.
- Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 12:30 p.m., Center for Global Citizenship
- Hear the vision for Saint Louis University's third century from University President Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D. "The State of the University Address: Global Reach and Local Impact" will cover important initiatives, both on campus and in the region.
- Following the State of the University, Pestello will join a panel of other key University leaders to further discuss and take questions on SLU’s strategic priorities and future.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 10 a.m. to noon, School of Nursing, 3525 Caroline Mall
- Join the SLU community to celebrate as the University dedicates the newly named Trudy Busch Valentine School of Nursing. An open house is included as part of the dedication festivities.
- Registration will close Monday, Sept. 23 at 5 p.m. After Sept. 23, all registrants will have to sign up on campus at onsite check-in and registration, located in the north lobby, Busch Student Center.
- SLU revelers should note there is a $15 registration fee. The fee covers processing guests' registration and a $5 gift to the Third Century Fund: Alumni Programming and Development, included with registration.
- Late and onsite registration includes a $20 fee, which includes the $15 registration fee and a $5 gift to the Third Century Fund.
- One registration fee covers an entire group of Homecoming guests, including students, seniors and children. Please register all guests who will be attending, including students, to allow for accurate counts for events.
2019 Golf Cart Parade Route
Get Your Homecoming Swag
This year's 2019 Homecoming and Family Weekend T-shirt is an exclusive perk available through the SLU Bookstore, or online
This year's design features many iconic SLU buildings including the Clock Tower and front of Schwitalla Hall, landscape features like its tulips, and nods to Homecoming fun including its fireworks and golf carts.
Root, Root, Root for the Home Teams
As part of this year's Homecoming and Family Weekend, Billiken Athletics and SLU's student-athletes will host events and battle for glory before cheering SLU fans.
Fans can lose their heads with the men's and women's basketball teams at this year's Billiken Madness. This year's "Madness" features skills competitions, introductions to this year's Billiken squads and Blue vs. White scrimmages on Friday, Sept. 27, at Chaifetz Arena. The fun gets underway at 7:30 p.m.
Homecoming Sports Events
- Friday, Sept. 27, Chaifetz Arena, Pavilion, 5 p.m.
- $5 per person
- Saturday, Sept. 28, Hermann Stadium, 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 29, Hermann Stadium, 1 - 3 p.m.
Be part of the tradition and come home to SLU! Alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff members, Billiken families and friends are invited to celebrate SLU with over 40 events taking place on and around campus. This year’s Homecoming and Family Weekend truly has something for everyone.
Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic institutions. Rooted in Jesuit values and its pioneering history as the first university west of the Mississippi River, SLU offers nearly 13,000 students a rigorous, transformative education of the whole person. At the core of the University’s diverse community of scholars is SLU’s service-focused mission, which challenges and prepares students to make the world a better, more just place.