Skype for Business Training Sessions Coming Up
Skype for Business is now available to University faculty, staff, and students.
As a reminder, the University’s Fuze web conferencing tool will be discontinued on
Tuesday, July 31 when the vendor stops support of SLU’s version of their application.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is encouraging the SLU community to download
any saved Fuze recordings that an individual wishes to keep before accounts expire.
The download process can take some time and can be limited to up to three per day,
so users are encouraged to start the process now. Download instructions are available
The next training sessions for Skype for Business will be held on the following dates
- Wednesday, July 25, 9 to 10:30 a.m., and 1 to 2:30 p.m., Room 372, Wool Center
- Thursday, July 26, 9-10:30 a.m., Room 372, Wool Center
- Friday, July 27, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Room 204, Informatics Lab, Caroline Building
- Tuesday, July 31, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Room 204, Informatics Lab, Caroline Building, and
1 to 2:30 p.m., first floor training room, Drummond Hall
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Room 204, Informatics Lab, Caroline Building
Training will include topics such as:
- Sending an Instant Message (IM)
- Scheduling a Skype Meeting
- Joining a Scheduled Meeting
- Using Meeting Controls and Options
- Making VOIP (voice over IP) calls
Additional training sessions will be held throughout the summer and fall.
To register for a training session, click here.
Get Skype for Business
Click here for basic instructions.
Questions? Need Help?
For help with Skype for Business installation, contact ITS by visiting the division or call 314-977-4000 or toll free at 1-844-348-3957. The Help Desk is also available
For questions or more information, contact Kyle Collins, assistant vice president for technology transformation or call 314-977-1842.