Information on opportunities for funded research related to the coronavirus pandemic, as well as guidelines for conducting research during this time, will be posted here for SLU researchers.
Rapid Response COVID-19 Seed Fund
Researchers from across the University are mobilizing to curb the COVID-19 pandemic. The Saint Louis University Research Institute is committed to empowering all researchers as they tackle the greatest challenges of our day, including COVID-19.
With generous support from Dr. Jeanne and Rex Sinquefield, the Research Institute has launched a Rapid Response COVID-19 Seed Fund to support faculty-led pilot projects related to coronaviruses and mitigating the effects of the current pandemic.
Applications to the Seed Fund are not being accepted at this time. The first round of recipients was announced in May 2020; 13 projects were awarded funding. A second round of recipients will be announced in June 2020.
For more information on funding for COVID-19 research at SLU, please contact Jasmin Patel, assistant vice president for research, at email@example.com.
National Institutes of Health Funding Opportunities Specific to COVID-19
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) have released information on a variety of funding opportunities specific to COVID-19. Detailed, up-to-date information on each of these opportunities can be found on the NIH's coronavirus resources website.
National Science Foundation: Research on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The National Science Foundation is accepting proposals to conduct research related to COVID-19. Detailed, up-to-date information on all of the opportunities, as well as additional NSF guidance to funded researchers, can be found on the NSF's "Coronavirus Information" webpage.
Internal Guidelines and Resources
- Research Continuity Message (3/11/20)
- Checklist for Laboratories (3/16/20)
- Message from the VP for Research on Laboratory Activity (3/18/20)
- COVID-19 Update from Lewis-Burke Associates
- St. Louis vs. COVID-19 Assistance Program for Medical Faculty Fighting COVID-19
- SLUCare Response to COVID-19
- SLU Health Advisory Website
External Guidelines and Resources
- CDC Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education
- Department of Defense FAQ for Research Proposers and Awardees Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- FDA Guidance on Conduct of Clinical Trials of Medical Products during COVID-19 Pandemic
- HHS Guidelines
- Missouri Arts Council FAQ
- National Endowment for the Arts: FAQ and Information for Applicants and Grantees in Response to COVID-19
- NIH Guidelines and Resources
- NSF Guidelines and Resources