Saint Louis University utilizes EAB Navigate to link administrators, advisors, instructors, staff, and students in a coordinated efforts designed to assist student success from orientation to graduation.
Why Should I, As A Student, Use EAB Navigate?
- Guidance: Navigate is a free mobile app that will help you thrive at SLU. The Navigate calendar can also sync to your phone calendar.
- Make connections: Whether looking for academic advising, tutoring, success coaching, etc. Navigate can connect you to the right people and resources.
- Connect to the support you need: You can reach out to your Success Team (members at SLU assigned to assist throughout their academic career) and other resources on campus.
- Important events and deadlines: The Navigate Events/To-Do’s identifies key information. Plus, you can add your own reminders and to do’s.
Login to Navigate or by clicking on the EAB Navigate Student icon in your mySLU Apps. Go to Google Play or the Apple App store and search for "Navigate Student." Once the app is installed, search for "Saint Louis University" and use your SLU login credentials to get started.
Click here for additional installation instructions.
Click here for a brief tutorial on how to utilize EAB Navigate.
Connecting You and SLU Resources
Use Navigate to schedule appointments for the following:
- Academic Advising
- Secondary Advising offices of Billikens’ First Chapter, Honors Program, SOAR, etc.
- Career Services (all locations)
- Center for Accessibility and Disability Resources (CADR)
- INTO SLU
- English Language Center
- Student Athletic Academic Support
- Student Success Coaching
- Tutoring Center
- Writing Services
- And more resources are added each day.
Download Navigate Student App
Go to Google Play or the Apple App store and search for "Navigate Student." Once the app is installed, search for "Saint Louis University" and use your SLU login credentials to get started. Click here for additional installation instructions.
Don't have a smartphone?
You can still use the desktop version by clicking on the EAB Navigate icon on MySLU Tools, or go to http://slu.navigate.eab.com.
The app requires iOS 9.0 or later or Android 4.1 and up. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Yes, absolutely! Students can log-in to the desktop version of navigate using their slu credentials. The link for the desktop version is: https://slu.navigate.eab.com
Try uninstalling the app and then relaunch.
- Be sure you can download the secureauth authenticator app (download instructions included here) and log in for 2-step verification to be secure.
- Can you get to the myslu sign-on page? If yes and your credentials are rejected, there is an issue with your username or password. If you successfully enter your credentials on the sign-on page, but navigate says ‘something went wrong,’ eab must not have your username in their system. Go to navigate feedback for assistance.
Course schedules are updated every 24 hours in navigate, so check back tomorrow if you added or dropped a course that's not appearing correctly. If something else is wrong, email to email@example.com detailing the error (send a screen shot if possible).
All faculty and staff can utilize navigate as an appointment booking tool, but some may prefer a different method. If you cannot access someone in navigate, please email them to ask for their preferred method for booking appointments.
No, choosing one or more “favorite” majors is simply an indication of interest. To officially change a program of study, you must speak with your academic advisor.
If you have any problems, questions or want to share a comment or suggestion regarding eab navigate, go to: navigate feedback.
These are individuals who have been assigned to assist you through your academic career at slu. You can find you success team in eab navigate>resources>people or via appointments>myteam. Once you are there, you can also quickly make appointments with them.
EAB navigate is available for all faculty and staff that meet with students to utilize as an appointment making tool. However, some faculty and staff may prefer a different method for booking appointments. If you cannot access them in eab navigate, please email them to ask for their preferred method for booking appointments.
No, choosing one or more “favorite” majors is simply an indication of interest. If a student would like to officially change his/her program of study, they should speak with their academic advisor.
No, you will still receive emails about outstanding financial aid documents and will need to use banner self-service to check on your progress.
For questions about tutoring, contact the coordinator of academic support, Melissa Burgess, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The major explorer option in EAB Navigate is a career tool that provides best-fit suggestions for degrees based on your responses. The results are a starting-point and not your only or final choices. You’ll have lots of opportunities to talk to your academic advisor or career counselor about your plans and goals.
No, navigate does not store students’ grades or transcripts. You may access final grades and view and request transcripts through banner self-service.
View your courses in canvas for your syllabus, class assignments and other materials provided by your instructor.