Congratulations on your invitation to interview for Saint Louis University's Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship! All interviews will take place asynchronously online via a platform called StandOut. To be considered for the Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship, you must submit your interview responses via the StandOut platform by 9 a.m. CST on March 15, 2022.
You will receive an email from StandOut.com inviting you to create an account. Once you've created an account and logged in, you'll be able to access the interview questions and start recording your responses. For questions, contact your admission counselor or the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org, 314-977-2500 or 800-SLU-FOR-U.
Important Note: This page is for students who have been invited to interview for Saint Louis University's Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship only. In order to access the platform described below, you must have received an official invitation.
Navigating the StandOut Platform
Watch step-by-step instructions to using StandOut for your scholarship interview.
When you log in to StandOut, you'll see a lot of information on the homepage.
- The only parts you need to look at are "Practice" and "Interview."
- You are not required to record an intro video, upload a resume, or select career and industry interests.
Practicing Your Interview
In the practice area, you will get to see the three interview questions exactly as they will be asked in your interview. This will allow you to practice and review your video responses in preparation for recording your final answers in your interview.
- You may practice and review your answers as many times as you like.
- In order to be considered for the MLK Scholarship, you must record your final responses in the Interview; your practices will not be reviewed.
The interview area is where you will record your MLK Scholarship Interview submission.
- Interview recordings cannot be redone once you have started them.
- In order to be considered for the MLK Scholarship, you must submit your Interview in the Interview area of StandOut.
- Be your best self. Some things are out of your control, just keep moving forward.
- We recommend dressing in business attire: coat and tie, suit, dress or skirt.
- Focus on the content of your response and not the length.
MLK Scholarship Interview FAQs
Check all the folders in your inbox (Primary, Promotions, Updates, Forums, etc.) and your Spam and Trash folders. Contact us at email@example.com if you still cannot locate your invitation email and we will help you troubleshoot.
You will need a laptop, desktop computer, tablet or mobile device. The latest versions of Firefox or Chrome are recommended.
Contact your admission counselor, and we will work with you so that you can still participate in the interview process.
Make sure you're using the most updated version of your browser, or try a different browser. Contact your admission counselor if you're still having trouble.
Dress as you would for a formal, in-person interview. We recommend business attire: coat and tie, suit, dress, or skirt.
The platform allows for practice responses of up to two minutes per question and up to two minutes for your final submission. We encourage you to focus on the content of your responses rather than the length.
Once final responses have been submitted, you cannot go back and resubmit. We encourage using the practice module to preview the questions and get a sense for how the platform works before beginning your interview.
We understand that life happens and some things are out of your control. Keep moving forward with your interview and be your best self.
Please note that a student’s behavior at all times during MLK Scholarship events is indicative of their qualifications as a MLK Scholarship candidate.