Welcome, New Billikens
Congratulations on your admission to Saint Louis University! We are thrilled to welcome you to the Billiken family. This page serves as a comprehensive checklist of your next steps as an admitted student. Please use it as a reference and contact your admission counselor with any questions.
The mySLU portal serves as a comprehensive online resource for our admitted students. As a new Billiken, you can use mySLU to submit your enrollment deposit, apply for housing and see important due dates.
1. Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up your SLU Net ID.
2. You will log in to your mySLU account using your SLU Net ID and password.
Need help? ITS is available by phone weekdays at 314-977-4000.
SLU provides an official evaluation of transfer credits and a preliminary degree audit for admitted transfer students.
Transfer credit evaluation begins in February for fall and summer entry students and will generally be posted to your account up to two weeks after admission. This process begins in October for spring entry students and may take up to four weeks to post to your account depending on internal processing volume.
View your credit evaluation in Degree Works via mySLU.
International transfer credit: If you completed courses at an international college or university, additional information is required for transfer credit evaluation. Please send copies of your course descriptions or syllabi translated in English to email@example.com to request an evaluation of your transfer credit. You must be admitted to SLU prior to requesting credit evaluation.
- Review your financial aid. Award notice emails are sent starting in February for summer/fall students, or October for spring students.
- For need-based financial assistance, complete and file the FAFSA. SLU’s FAFSA school code is 002506. See additional information regarding the FAFSA.
- Accept or decline your financial aid offer.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov if you accepted loans.
- Make arrangements to pay your final account balance. First payment is due Aug. 1 for fall students, or after registration for summer and spring students.
To confirm your enrollment at SLU, you'll need to submit your $500 enrollment deposit. Your enrollment deposit secures your place at the University and should be submitted once you have decided to attend SLU. Course registration and academic advising cannot be scheduled until the enrollment deposit has been received. If you decide not to attend SLU, you will forfeit your enrollment deposit.
Once you've logged into mySLU, you can:
Stay in Touch
- SLU email: Be sure to log in to your @slu.edu address regularly for important reminders and updates from us. If you applied to SLU using your school email address, please contact your admission counselor before your previous school email account becomes inactive with an alternative email address.
Complete Course Placement Materials
- Review SLU's course placement requirements for transfer students.
Tell Us Your Housing Preferences
- Students within their first four semesters of college are required to live on campus. This includes students who have attended another college or university for fewer than four semesters. Review additional residency exemptions.
- The new student housing contract opens on Feb. 1 for students beginning in the fall and Oct. 1 for students beginning in the spring.
- Complete your housing contract through mySLU. You must submit your enrollment deposit in order to start your housing contract. You will receive access after your enrollment deposit has been processed which usually takes 24-48 hours.
Register for Classes
- Class registration takes place during your advising meeting at SLU 101 Transfer Orientation. SLU 101 registration for spring 2024 will be open soon.
Students currently living overseas are not required to attend SLU 101 Summer Orientation.
Get Your SLU ID
- Submit your photo for your SLU ID. Be on the lookout for an email, sent to your SLU email account that will share information on how to submit your photo online for your SLU ID. View SLU ID photo guidelines.
- Final official transcripts must be submitted before the start of classes. Transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Admission or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts may also be dropped off in person at DuBourg Hall, Room 119.
- Submit your medical forms before the start of classes. All forms can be found at Life at SLU under the Student Health tab.
- Enroll in or waive your student health insurance by Aetna before you move to campus. Students can complete this step after registering for classes.