The Office of University Compliance and Ethics at Saint Louis University is committed to excellence in corporate integrity and responsibility.
This commitment is realized through the integration of education, leadership and service. Through collaboration, the office promotes the highest standards of ethical, moral and lawful practices. These efforts are guided by the mission of Saint Louis University and the Jesuit tradition.
The Office of University Compliance and Ethics regularly publishes a newsletter on compliance-related issues.
- Fall 2019 Newsletter - SLU Integrity Hotline, HIPAA Walkthrough Site Visits, Training Requirements, Diagnosing Adverse Response vs. Side Effect, In the Doghouse, Disclosing Misdemeanors, Foreign Influence at Universities.
- Summer 2019 Newsletter - FY20 Annual Compliance Launches July 1, New University Policy Process, Clarification of Documentation Guidelines, Bidding Adieu to SLU, When to contact Compliance regarding Privacy, In the Doghouse.
- Spring 2019 Newsletter- Welcome new VP of Compliance and Ethics, CMS Reduces Documentation Requirements, Should I Disclose the Food I receive when Speaking for a Company, In the dog house, Protecting PHI: Electronic, Written, and Oral.
- Winter 2018- Conflict of Interest, Compliance & Coding, Auditing a Record, Seeking Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Information, In the Dog House, Accessing Policies in PolicyStat, What is a Research Conflict of Interest, Santa and Export Controls.
- Fall 2018- New Opioid legislation, New Developments in Teaching Physician Documentation Rules, Social Media and HIPAA Privacy, Protecting Economic Interests, Identify Patient Visits for Clinical Trails, In the Dog House
- Summer 2018 - Annual Compliance Training Launches in August, Diagnosis Sequencing, International Travel Requirements, EPIC access for Research Site Monitors, In the Dog House, The Dangers of EHR Documentation
- Spring 2018 - FDA update on Cough/Cold Medications, Important Teaching Physician Documentation Change, Impact of Cyber Attacks, False Claims Act Case Recoveries
- January 2017 - International Agreements, Medical Decision Making, Medical Necessity and the Electronic Medical Record
- February 2017 - The Role of Clinical Documentation in the Physician Practice
- March 2017 - IRB Self-Assessment Checklist, Causal Relationships, Effective Communication Is Paramount for Accurate Billing
- April 2017 - The New Way to Code for Moderate Sedation, HIPAA Paid Out of Pocket Restrictions, Teaching Physician Documentation FAQ, Foreign Travel Reminder
- May 2017 - Personal History of Cancer-When Does it Start, Who's in the Dog House, A Patient's Right to Amend PHI, Time Study Reporting Guidance
- June 2017 - International Travel Laptop Rule Change, Non-Physician Practitioner Services, Cuba Sanctions Update
- July 2017 - Annual Compliance Update 2017, Revisions to Federal Human Subjects Research Regulations Uncertain, Coding Corner
- August 2017 - New FDA Guidance for Informed Consent Waivers, ACU2017 Deadline, Back to Basics of Documentation
- September 2017 - The Complexities of Complying with OFAC Sanctions, Coding Corner, Fake ICD-10 codes
- Winter 2017- Conflict of Interest FAQs, International Travel Reminders, Observation billing, In the Dog House (Health Services Managment, Inc)