As a student of Saint Louis University, you are required to review the terms and conditions of your financial aid award letter each academic year that you will use federal, state and/or institutional financial aid.
The terms and conditions of your financial aid award letter may be accepted via your mySLU (Student) Portal. If you do not accept the full terms and conditions of your financial aid award package, which may or may not include federal, state and institutional financial aid; or any combination of the above-mentioned sources of financial aid, you are required to contact the Office of Student Financial Services and inform them of your decision to deny the terms and conditions. The decision to deny any or all aspects of the terms and conditions of your financial aid award package may impact your eligibility for certain types of financial aid that you have been offered. For additional questions or information, please contact your Student Financial Services Counselor.
Terms and Conditions Example
Here is an example of the terms and conditions for a typical award package that will appear on a student’s mySLU Portal:
- I certify that all information on my application(s) for admission and financial assistance is true and accurate. I realize I may be required to verify all information. I agree to comply with all policies and practices governing financial aid at Saint Louis University. If I should change enrollment prior to the census date or withdraw from all classes, aid may be adjusted and any excess funds returned to reduce student loan debt.
- I authorize any awarded financial assistance (including Federal Title IV financial aid) that I have accepted to pay for any and all of my assessed Saint Louis University Student Accounts charges based on the financial aid award year indicated on this award package. Institutional charges consist of tuition, room and board (housing and meal plan) if living on campus, textbook(s), and any applicable student fees and course fee(s) based on the courses in which I am registered/ enrolled. This also includes other “non-institutional” charges that could be assessed to my student account: semester payment plan fee or interest charges, student health insurance, additional meal plan(s), parking fee, prior semester balances up to $200; as well as library, parking, and/or student conduct fine(s), and all other non-institutional charges that may be incurred.
- Furthermore, I understand that if I do not authorize or wish to withdraw an authorization of my financial aid (including Federal Title IV financial aid) to pay any non-institutional charges listed in the above statement, that I must contact the Office of Student Financial Services and inform them of my decision to deny or withdraw said authorization in writing. A rescinded authorization will be effective as of the date indicated in writing to the Office of Student Financial Services.
- I acknowledge that any remaining charges on my student account that are not covered by my accepted financial aid award package and/or as a result of not authorizing or rescinding an authorization that all charges assessed to my student account (institutional or non-institutional) as mentioned above, must be paid in full based on the predetermined first due date of the semester or of the terms and conditions of an enrolled and agreed upon payment plan with Saint Louis University for which I am/ will be enrolled. Failure to abide by these conditions may result in hold(s) on my student account which may prevent me from future enrollment of courses, request(s) to obtain academic transcripts and/or diploma(s).
- I authorize any awarded financial assistance to pay for any/all of my Saint Louis University Student Accounts charges. If you do not wish to authorize student assistance to pay charges, please contact your counselor.
- I understand the Office of Student Financial Services reserves the right on behalf of the University to review and cancel an award due to changes in status in regard to FAFSA financial/household data, housing, other aid sources, academics, regulations, appropriations or processing errors.
- I understand that the information contained in this award is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as an offer to contract.
By submitting an application for financial aid, you will be considered for a variety of scholarships and grants. In evaluation of your financial need, individuals or committees involved in the selection of some awards may wish to request pertinent financial and/or academic information about you from Saint Louis University's Office of Student Financial Services.