Saint Louis University students or employees who are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms, have tested positive for the virus or are a close contact of someone who has, should take the following steps.
Information for SLU Students
Your COVID-19 Case/Exposure Will be Handled by Student Health
Contact the Student Health Center immediately at 314-977-2323 if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19.
- You think you have been exposed to a COVID-infected person. You are required to respond to a phone call, text or email from our Contact Tracing team in 12 hours or less if you are identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive.
- You have symptoms that could be COVID-19. Symptomatic students may obtain testing through the Student Health Center. A student health nurse is available 24/7 to assess symptoms and schedule a COVID-19 test. Do not come to campus or class until you have received COVID-19 testing.
All close contacts will need to be tested — regardless of their vaccination status — unless they have tested positive within the past 90 days.
If you know or suspect you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or you are identified as a close contact through the SLU contact tracing process, you may obtain free COVID-19 testing through our COVID-19 Response Team.
If you've tested positive for COVID-19, the Student Health Center will provide a timely clearance for students to return to class/campus.
Information for SLU Employees
Your COVID-19 Case/Exposure Will be Handled by the COVID-19 Response Team
- Staff and faculty should email email@example.com or call 314-977-7580
- Medical, health sciences, nursing and social work students who have clinical assignments should contact the Student Health Center at 314-977-2323
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to campus until you have received testing.
SLU staff and faculty who test positive for COVID are required to report their confirmed infections to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-977-7580. All faculty, staff, and students are required to respond to a phone call, text or email from our Contact Tracing Team.
SLU is providing employees access to an additional 80 hours of sick leave to ensure individuals have paid time off in the event of a COVID-related absence. Supervisors who wish to confirm that their employee has tested positive for COVID can contact us at email@example.com.
Our COVID-19 Response Team will provide a timely clearance for employees to return to work once isolation or quarantine period criteria have been met. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for clearance to return to work. (Clinical sites will provide a timely clearance for students to return to clinicals.)
The University's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) has provided COVID-19-specific resources within their online portal, which include a recorded webinar, health and safety resources, recorded relaxation break, and resiliency resources. EAP continues to provide employees and their families access to professional licensed counselors, too. Confidential professional counseling is provided through ComPsych at no personal cost for staff and their families.
Call 800-859-9319 to make an appointment or visit guidanceresources.com for more information. To register online, please use the Company ID slueap and create your own username and password.