The Saint Louis University Honors Program requires 24 credit hours, including a combination of enhanced courses, extra assignments and experiential learning opportunities. Eighteen of those credit hours will be in class while the remaining six will be out-of-class hours.
The full curriculum guide includes all in-class and out-of-class options. The following three courses are required for all honors students:
- HR 1900: Crossroads (three credit hours) — An interdisciplinary introductory seminar, Crossroads will introduce you to how honors courses differ from non-honors courses. It is taken during your first semester in the honors program.
- HR 4930: Honors Senior Seminar (three credit hours): Great Books or another approved upper-level, reading and writing intensive seminar.
- HR 4960: Honors Senior Capstone (three credit hours) — The capstone project is usually undertaken during your senior year and may be linked with a senior capstone or seminar course in your major or minor. Submit a proposal to the University Honors Program the semester prior to the beginning of the project.
These honors-only courses will be offered in Spring 2019 and can count toward your in-class course requirement. See all Honors Program dual-listed courses.
|HIST 1110 08H Origins of the Modern World to 1500||22264||TR
12:45 p.m.- 2 p.m.
|HIST 1120 03H: Origins of the Modern World, 1500 to Present||22738||MWF
12 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
|PHIL 1050 16H: Honors Introduction to Philosophy : Self & Reality||20155||TR
11 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.
|PHIL 2050 19H: Honors Ethics||20175||TR
11 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.
|THEO 1000 49H: Honors Theological Foundations
8 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.
Staying in the Program
To remain in good standing in the honors program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Earn honors credits every year
If your cumulative GPA drops below 3.5, you will be placed on probationary status. You will work with an honors advisor to develop an improvement plan. Failure to return to good standing will result in dismissal from the University Honors Program.
If you meet all of the requirements of the honors program, you will graduate with an honors distinction on your transcript.
Online Proposals for Contracts, Internship/Research, and Senior Capstone Projects
- Course Contracts (for non-honors courses and for senior seminar selections)
- Internship and Research Experiences
- Senior Capstone Projects
Other Helpful Documents