Students from more than 80 countries choose Saint Louis University each year. Before traveling to SLU's campus, international students should review the University's travel policies. For information on airport pickup options, directions to campus and other resources for new international students, check out the international student orientation webpage.
Any Saint Louis University international student planning international travel must have a valid travel signature on their I-20 or DS-2019. A travel signature is not required for travel within the United States.
Each travel signature is valid for six months from the date it was signed.
To obtain a travel signature:
- Review your passport and I-20 or DS-2019 to make sure they have not expired.
- Ensure you are maintaining your status by confirming your full course load and updating your residential address via mySLU.
- Please make your request through the portal using the following directions.
- Register for your courses for the following semester.
- Log in to the International Student Portal.
- Click on the third tab on the right hand side "Student Request Center." You will see icons for the various requests on the right.
- Click on "Travel Request," answer all questions and submit your request.
- When we receive your request, we will process it and respond to you by email.
- Allow two weeks for processing of your Travel I-20.
International Air Travel Policies for COVID-19
Before traveling to the United States, review the current requirements for COVID-19 vaccination.