The Student Government Association is a resource and a voice for all Saint Louis University students.
SGA is here to bridge the gap between students, faculty, staff and administration.
We, the associated students of Saint Louis University, in order to establish a representative student government, to provide an open forum for dialogue and a voice for student opinions concerning the affairs of the University; to involve students in a productive partnership of shared governance with the faculty, staff and administration of the University; to promote the welfare and unity of the greater student community; to uphold the ideals and values of the Jesuit Catholic tradition, especially the ideal of “Men and Women for Others;” do hereby ordain and establish this constitution for the service of the student body ad majorem Dei gloriam.
The application to apply for an SGA position will be available here in the spring semester.
The Executive Board is comprised of the:
- Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Vice President for Student Organizations
- Vice President of Finance
- Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion
- Vice President of Internal Affairs
- Vice President of International Affairs.
Students select these representatives through a campus-wide election that takes place the last Tuesday of February.
The Senate is also voted on by the student body through a campus vote, which takes place on the last Tuesday of February. The Senate is a legislative body comprised of representatives from all 13 of Saint Louis University’s schools and colleges, the Residence Hall Association (RHA), Commuter Students, Transfer Students, the Black Student Alliance, First Year Students and the International Student Federation.
Committee Representatives are members of the Association who are actively involved in our many committees. Committee Representatives hold voting rights within their respective committees but do not vote on legislation during Senate meetings. Selections for committees are made via an interview process managed by the Committee for Internal Affairs.
Visit the Committees page for more information
Each quarter, SGA's Executive Branch provides the student body with a report that details its work over the last few months. More information about any of these topics can be provided to interested students via the emails referenced on the reports or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Excellence Awards
The Faculty Excellence Award is one of the highest honors offered by the University. It recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated excellence in their dedication and service to the SLU community, especially in their outstanding performance as an educator inside and outside of the classroom. Recipients are nominated by students and then selected by the Student Government Association's Academic Affairs Committee.
- Cristina McGroarty, M.S.N., RN, Valentine School of Nursing: The Fr. James Veltrie, S.J. Cura Personalis Faculty Excellence Award
- Dr. Harold Braswell, College of Arts and Sciences: The Excellence in Diversity and Social Justice Faculty Excellence Award
- Overall Faculty Excellence Awards
- Dr. Ruth Evans, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Molly Wilson, School of Law
- Dr. Jenna Gorlewicz, Parks College of Engineering
- Dr. Dan Kozlowski, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Sofia Origanti, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Torrie Hester, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Dave Gutekunst, Doisy College of Health Sciences
- Robert Gatter, J.D., School of Law