Saint Louis University Student Tech Services provides support and academic services, including printing, internet access and technology troubleshooting.
Stop by one of our three locations for assistance with getting connected or questions about your computer.
Account Creation and Access
ITS supports a variety of online systems, including the mySLU portal, Banner Self-Service and email.
- mySLU Portal: Provides a gateway to all your online accounts, including Outlook, Google Apps, People Finder, Blackboard, Banner Self-Service and much more.
- Banner Self-Service: Access your student record, register for classes and, if you are a student worker, your timesheet.
- SLU Microsoft Outlook Email: Everyone at Saint Louis University is issued a SLU-branded Outlook account.
- Blackboard Learn: Blackboard allows faculty and students to engage, connect and collaborate together online.
- Tegrity Lecture Capture: SLU faculty use Tegrity to record lectures and post them through Blackboard. Our helpful FAQ and tips will help you navigate the system.
Internet and Network Services
ITS also provides a variety of options for connecting to the internet on campus.
- SLU Wireless: SLU's wireless network is available for students to use in all buildings and most green spaces on campus.
- Resident network: Before students can access the Resident Network in their residence halls, they must register their computer on the network.
- Cable TV: In order to watch cable tv within your residence hall, you will need to program your TV for the SLU channel line up.
ITS partners with PaperCut to provide printer access to all students. You can use the PaperCut app on your Windows, Mac, iOS, Android or Chrome devices. All students receive a $10 print credit each academic year. Like Flex Dollars, print credits do not roll over to the new academic year.