SLU Ranks Among Missouri’s Top 10 Best Places to Work
A recent Forbes survey finds Saint Louis University is the 8th best employer in Missouri.
Forbes partnered with the market research company Statista to compile the list of America’s Best-in-State Employers.
The list was based on an independent survey of about 80,000 employees from at least 500 companies in 25 industries. Employees were contacted anonymously through several online panels rather than directly through their employers to avoid any undue influence. The survey occurred from October 2018 to February 2019.
The evaluation was determined by two criteria:
- If employees would recommend their employer to a friend or family member
- If employees evaluate other employers either positively or negatively.
The Forbes survey found SLU was the top-rated educational institution in the state, and was among 78 companies from Missouri that were ranked. In addition, SLU is the 10th largest employer in the St. Louis, according to a St. Louis Business Journal list.
Among SLU’s benefits for employees:
- Retirement match of up to 10 percent of an employee’s salary
- Tuition remission for employees and dependents
- 13 paid holidays annually in addition to up to 200 hours of vacation time a year
- Subsidized medical insurance
The best employer accolade is the most recent for SLU, which also has ranked:
- Number one in the Princeton Review’s list for community service by universities
- Number eight among Niche’s list of top Catholic colleges
- One of only nine Catholic universities to receive a Carnegie Classification of “higher” or “highest research” activity
- Number 39 for U.S. News & World Report’s list of “Best Value Schools”