Online photo submission is an easy and convenient way to submit a photo to include on your SLU ID card.
Who Can Submit a Photo
New students to Saint Louis University who are admitted and deposited for the current or upcoming semester can submit a photo through online photo submission.
All faculty, staff, and anyone needing a replacement photo, will need to visit the Parking, Card, and Transportation Services office located in the Wool Center, Suite 130.
How to Submit a Photo
If you are attending a virtual orientation session, you will receive an email to your SLU email address with a link to upload your photo. If you do not receive an email by May 15, please email email@example.com.
If you are not attending a virtual orientation session, and did not receive an email to upload your photo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your online photo submission email will include a personalized link for you to upload your photo. This can be done from your mobile device or computer. See photo requirements below for more information. In addition to your photo, you will be required to upload a government-issued ID for verification identification. Acceptable forms of identification include driver’s license, U.S. green card, passport or U.S. military ID Card.
Once you have submitted your photo, please allow up to one week for our staff to review. You will receive an email to your SLU email address letting you know whether your photo has been approved or denied (in which case you would need to resubmit a new photo).
- Once your photo is approved, you cannot submit another photo. If you would like a new photo on your SLU ID card, please visit our office to have a new photo taken and pay the replacement fee of $25.
Submitted photos must meet several important requirements:
- Photos should be cropped slightly above head to middle of chest similar to a driver’s license or passport.
- Photos should be taken against a plain, light background.
- Photos must not include sunglasses, hat, bandana or other items that obscure the face.
- Photos must be positioned directly facing the camera.
- Photos must not contain excessive glare or shadow, other visible people, distracting objects, or inappropriate expressions.
All photos are subject to approval.
Here are several additional things to remember about submitting a photo online:
- Not all groups seeking SLU ID cards are eligible to use online photo submission.
- This system cannot be used for replacement ID cards.
- Once you submit your photo, you may not go back and make changes.
- Copyright-protected images will not be accepted.
- You must agree to our terms and conditions in order to use this system.
If you are attending a virtual orientation session, you will receive information on how you will receive your card. If you attended a virtual orientation but did not receive your card, your card will be available for pickup in Parking, Card, and Transportation Services when you return to campus.
If you are not attending a virtual orientation, you will need to visit Parking, Card, and Transportation Services.
Please remember to bring valid government-issued identification. You may be asked to present for verification. Acceptable forms of identification include driver’s license, U.S. green card, passport or U.S. military ID Card.