The Saint Louis University Division of Student Development looks forward to welcoming new talent to our team. We are passionate about serving our students and guiding them through their collegiate journey and look forward to meeting other student affairs professionals who are interested in being part of the Jesuit mission in Saint Louis.
This page will feature information about active searches for leadership positions in the Division of Student Development. You can also explore other open positions in student affairs at Saint Louis University through the link below, which may include employment opportunities outside of this division.
Assistant Vice President & Dean of Students
Saint Louis University's Division of Student Development is seeking an experienced, collaborative, and student-focused leader to serve as the Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students.
This senior-level administrator is responsible for inspiring, leading, and supervising key functional areas that respond to students’ needs and support their development during their time at SLU. They are charged to lead the development of a thoughtful and holistic crisis response plan, case management, managing and maintaining community standards, comprehensive family engagement, and fostering meaningful co-curricular engagement opportunities. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion – including ensuring our protocols, services, and practices are culturally sensitive and actively anti-racist – is a critical expectation of the individual joining the University in this role.
- Chair: Donna LaVoie, Interim Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Kyle Clinkingbeard, Coordinator, University Counseling Center
- Lisa Dorsey, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Aric Hamilton, President, Student Government Association
- Sheila Hatcher, Assistant Director, Department of Public Safety
- Virginia Herbers, Director of Spiritual Formation, Mission and Identity
- John Janulis, Director, Office of Student Responsibility and Community Standards
- Richard Marks, Assistant Vice President, Diversity and Innovative Community Engagement
- Ben Perlman, Assistant Vice President for Student Engagement
- J. Mark Pousson, Associate Professor, Higher Education Administration
- Bella Principe, Graduate student representative
- Job description is posted (completed Sept. 2)
- Search committee introduction, charge from the Vice President for Student Development (week of 9/5)
- Search committee reviews applications and develops interview protocol (week of 9/26)
- Search committee conducts initial interviews (week of 10/10)
- Search committee identifies 2-3 finalist candidates (by 10/20)
- Finalists come to campus for interviews with stakeholders (week of 11/14)
- Search committee delivers feedback to VP for Student Development (by 11/23)