Per Saint Louis University policy, unless a specific exception is granted by the vice president for the Division of Marketing and Communications, all web pages, web microsites and web content must be housed within Saint Louis University's content management system (CMS), Modern Campus.
Accessing the University Content Management System (CMS)
Editing slu.edu is a serious responsibility, as its content represents Saint Louis University in an official capacity. Users are responsible for contributing high-quality written and visual material that aligns with the content strategy for slu.edu.
- CMS users must be full-time employees of Saint Louis University, undergo training in the system and agree to terms and conditions of use. Students, including graduate students and student interns, may not have access to the CMS.
- CMS users for sections of slu.edu should be appointed by the dean, vice president or other leadership for the area of web content being edited. Employees chosen to edit the website should have excellent writing and editing skills but advanced technical skills are not required.
- Most users will be placed into a workflow for edited content to be reviewed by Marcom employees.
- Users may edit text, images and other assets on the site but may not access source code or alter existing stylesheets and templates.
- All pages on slu.edu, with the exception of news and feature content, must be in the site navigation. SLU's site navigation is standard, meaning that it works the same way in every section. Each section, or folder, of the website has a navigation or sub-navigation that should not be altered. Changes to the information architecture or navigation logic of slu.edu are handled by the Division of Marketing and Communications.
CMS User Training
In becoming a CMS user, you partner with the Division of Marketing and Communications. After completing the training course and passing a quiz, users must also fill out an agreement to use slu.edu appropriately.
Basic User Training
Prior to completing training in the CMS, employees should review the guidance on this page, have the permission of their dean or vice president and coordinate with any existing users for their area and the marketing professionals assigned to their unit, if applicable.
Only full-time employees of SLU are eligible for CMS accounts. Students should not take this training and are not permitted to have account access.
Please note that the quiz and user agreement presented at the end of this training must be completed for an account to be created.
Advanced Feature Training
In addition to the basic training materials, Marcom has developed the following modules to provide guidance on advanced features of the CMS. All users may not have access to all features.
- Editing Faculty Profile Pages: Training
- Editing Top Level Pages: Training
- Working with Images: Training
- Using Sidebars: Training
- Overwriting Files: Training
Note: Users must be logged on to SLU systems to view training files. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Assistance for CMS Users
In addition to the training above, our team can help answer questions about content development and assist with technical concerns by starting a request for the Marcom digital team. Note: This form is not for general ITS assistance or help with logging into SLU systems.