As an institution, Saint Louis University is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). SLU has been continuously accredited since 1916.
For background information about the Higher Learning Commission, visit hlcommission.org. For detailed information about the accreditation processes of the Higher Learning Commission, click on the "Accreditation" tab on the top HLC navigation bar. SLU’s official Statement of Affiliation Status with the Higher Learning Commission is also available online.
SLU Re-Accredited Through 2031-32
Saint Louis University's most recent HLC 10-year comprehensive review took place in Fall 2021. Members of the SLU community prepared the University's assurance argument (i.e., self-study) required for submission to the HLC in October 2021, prior to the November 15-16, 2021 visit by the HLC reviewers. The site visit team submitted their final report in January 2022, and the Higher Learning Commission fully re-accredited SLU for another ten years in March 2022. The next mid-cycle review will take place in 2025-26. Please see the related documents below.
- SLU's 2021 HLC Assurance Argument
- There are no active web links in this document. Text displayed in blue refers to documents (see listed Sources) made accessible to the HLC Review Team within HLC's proprietary system.
- HLC Site Visit Team Final Report
- HLC Reaffirmation Letter
Multi-Location Visit (2019)
Mid-Cycle Assurance Review (2016)
- Assurance Argument
[There are no active web links in this document. Text displayed in blue refers to documents (see listed Sources) made accessible to the HLC Review Team within HLC's proprietary system.]
- Mid-Cycle Review Team Report
- HLC Notification and Record of Action
- SLU Interim Report on Assessment to the HLC (September 4, 2018)
Questions about the appendices? Please contact Associate Provost Steve Sanchez.
- HLC Response to 2018 SLU Interim Report on Assessment (December 10, 2018)
Magis: Advancing Mission into Saint Louis University's Third Century (2012)
- Self-Study Appendix A
- Self-Study Appendix B
- HLC Site Visit Team Report
- HLC Letter of Continued Accreditation
A Decade of Renaissance: Self-Study for NCA Accreditation (2002)
Additionally, Saint Louis University's Madrid Campus is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Research in the Madrid Province.