If you are scheduling an event at Saint Louis University, you may have questions about our policies or what is allowed in the space.
You are welcome to contact event services during our regular hours with any questions. As we are frequently out of office assisting clients, we recommend emailing email@example.com for the quickest response.
Common questions are listed below. Please make sure your question is not answered here before reaching out.
Reservations and Event Space Details
- If the University is closed due to inclement weather, your event is canceled. You do not need to reach out to our office to cancel your reservation.
- If the University remains open and you choose to cancel your event, reach out to your event planner as soon as possible. We will work with you to reschedule your event if possible.
Yes, all of our event locations meet ADA standards. Reach out to your event planner if you have any concerns.
Non-Events Services Locations
Classrooms are booked through 25Live and approved by the Office of the Registrar. Student groups will be required to submit an approval certificate for events in classrooms. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Manresa Center is booked through our Department of Campus Ministry. Email email@example.com or call 314-977-2425.
Contact event planner Julie Orr at 314-977-7074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out directly to the church at 314-977-7312
Food, Entertainment and Outside Vendors
Our preferred campus caterer is Sodexo. You can contact them at email@example.com or by calling 314-977-9430. For more information see our Planning Your Event page.
- Before inviting a food truck to campus, you need to request the location where you would like it parked on 25Live. Your event planner will walk you through the process of bringing it to campus.
- All food trucks must provide proof of liability insurance and worker's compensation.
Before renting a dunk tank for an on campus event, you need to request the location where you would like it installed on 25Live. Your event planner will walk you through the process of having a dunk tank on campus.
Advertising Events and Sponsorship
- Chalk advertisements are permitted on concrete only in areas that can be naturally washed by rain and are not under building overhangs or building surfaces. Only washable sidewalk chalk is permitted. No messages that use obscene or defamatory language, threaten physical harm or are not entitled to the protection of free expression are allowed.
- All signs must be at least 24 inches away from the sidewalk. Signs may not be placed on athletics fields without express written consent from the athletics department.
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your staking or chalking as they are not scheduled through 25Live.
- If you do not have an active SLU ID or access to MySLU, you may not host an event on campus. Please view our Sponsorship Guidelines page for more information.
- Alumni, retired and former employees with active MySLU accounts are considered external and may not host events on campus. Please view our Sponsorship Guidelines page for more information.
Other Event Policies and Permissions
- All billing and invoicing related to parking, stage set-up, overtime cleaning services or security will be handled by Event Services.
- Event Services does not provide any invoicing or billing services for catering.
- Please contact your event planner for questions or concerns about your form of payment or any charges.
Saint Louis University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings.
With the exception of service animals or security dogs with handlers, no animals are allowed within any event spaces at Saint Louis University. To request an exemption, reach out to your event planner or email@example.com.