The basics — a bed, desk and clothing storage — are already in your room. From there you'll make it your own.
Coordinate with roommates on items you might share, like a TV or mini-fridge. SLU also partners with Bedloft.com to provide students with lofts, microfridges, futons and TV hangers. Students who place their orders by July 24 can have these items delivered to their rooms before move-in.
- Identification and health insurance information
- Linens for an extra-long twin bed
- Desk lamp (not halogen)
- Computer or laptop and Ethernet cable
- Power strip with surge protector
- Microwave (700 watts or less)
- Refrigerator (3.2 cubic feet or less, one per room)
- TV with QAM tuner and coaxial cable (Not bringing a TV? Check out the SpectrumU app to stream cable on campus.)
- Shower shoes (Shower curtain and toilet paper for residences with private bathrooms)
- Laundry basket and supplies
- Cleaning supplies
- Bike and U-lock (Be sure to register your bike with DPS)
- Pets (fish and hermit crabs are allowed)
- Mattress/furniture (University issued items must remain in the room)
- Candles or incense
- Hot plates, toasters or anything with an open coil
- Firearms/weapons or anything that resembles a weapon (e.g., paintball guns, BB guns, knives with 4-inch or longer blade)
- Wall-mounted shelves or TV brackets
Remember that due to COVID-19, we recommend students consider packing lighter this year.
Bedloft.com is endorsed and approved by Saint Louis University for rental of bed lofts and refrigerator/microwave combo units.
Bed Loft Rental
Bed lofts are an easy, affordable way to create additional living area in the room. We suggest students rent a bed loft to maximize their room space and comfort level. All lofts come with a shelf. Homemade lofts are prohibited at SLU, but beds can be raised to 31 inches of clearance underneath without being lofted.
This multipliance includes a fridge, true freezer, and microwave — all-in-one. This is a convenient option for students attending school from far away or out of state.
This versatile futon can be used as a love seat, lounger, or full-sized bed and is guaranteed to fit under your bed loft. Assembly required. Futons can only be purchased; rental is not available.
How to Order?
To view product details, photos, pricing, or to place an order, visit www.bedloft.com. If you have any questions, please visit their website for common FAQs or click “Contact Us” at the top of the web page to submit a service ticket. You can also email them at email@example.com.
Orders need to be placed by July 22, 2020 to guarantee product availability and delivery to your room before the University’s official move-in day. Orders placed after this date will increase in price and delivery may be delayed to the first few weeks of classes by appointment only.
Decorating Dos and Don'ts
You want your room to feel like home, but there are a few things we ask that you avoid due to possible damage to your room or apartment.
Housing and residence life staff will assess the condition of each residence hall and apartment space prior to move-in. You will be provided with a copy of the inspection and asked to add any additional information. Before move-out, your space will be inspected. If damage is found, you will be billed. Damage that is not claimed by one person will be split between all residents of the space.
- Don't use double-sided tape, putty, duct tape or other substances that will leave a "gummy" residue on your door, walls or furniture.
- Do use thumbtacks (no more than 10 per wall, please) on plaster and drywall surfaces. For cinderblock walls, use masking tape.
- Don't use screws, large nails or other implements to hang items. Do not put multiple holes in close proximity to each other.
- Do follow the installation and removal instructions if you choose to use Command Strips™. Students will be held responsible for any damages caused by Command Strips™.
- Don't hang wallpaper or anything else that will permanently adhere to the walls.
- Do keep in mind that painting of walls and personal repair of damages is prohibited.
- Don't put anything on either side of your door that may leave marks or residue.
- Do remember that mirrors, extra shelves, hooks and other such items need to be removed at the end of the year.
- Don't line drawers or shelves with adhesive-backed paper.