Saint Louis University's tutor and Supplemental Instruction leader positions are wonderful leadership opportunities for undergraduate students. The Student Success Center employs more than 90 students as tutors or Supplemental Instruction leaders.
The Student Success Center recruits each spring for the upcoming academic year. Our 2024-2025 academic year application process will begin early in the spring 2024 semester.
For questions about the positions or the application process, contact Coordinator of Academic Support Melissa Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements to be a Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Have at least a 3.0 in the subject area to be tutored and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Submit a faculty recommendation
- Attend the fall orientation training
- Participate in in-service training or projects (two per semester)
- Act as an academic role model
- Be encouraging and supportive of your peers
Preference for tutor and Supplemental Instruction leader positions will be given to undergraduate students who have taken at least one semester of classes at Saint Louis University. We typically do not hire graduate students.
Benefits of Becoming a Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Gain valuable, professional experience
- Continue to develop your understanding of important subject material while helping your peers
- Give back to the SLU community
- Balance your academics through convenient, on-campus employment