Saint Louis University offers a number of merit-based scholarships for transfer students. To qualify for these awards, you must meet scholarship-specific requirements and be:
- Admitted to SLU as a traditional full-time undergraduate
- Seeking your first bachelor’s degree
- Attending SLU for the first time
GPA requirements for scholarships will be calculated based on your cumulative GPA at the time of your application.
Jesuit Transfer Scholarship
$10,000 to $14,000 per year
This is a tiered scholarship with the exact amount awarded dependent on your cumulative GPA. It is renewable over a maximum of six semesters.
- 3.0-3.19 GPA receives $10,000
- 3.2-3.49 GPA receives $12,000
- 3.5-4.0 GPA receives $14,000
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
$1,000 per year (stackable)
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship is renewable over a maximum of six semesters and may be combined with other SLU scholarships. Requirements include:
- 3.0 cumulative GPA in previous college coursework
- Completion of 60 transferable college-credit hours (or an associate degree)
- Letter sent to the Office of Admission by your Phi Theta Kappa adviser confirming your good standing
Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship
Minimum $13,000 per year
The Martin Luther King Jr. scholarship is a competitive scholarship available to both transfer and freshman applicants. It is not a stackable award, so it would replace and upgrade a Jesuit Transfer Scholarship. Requirements include:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Separate application
John Paul Fechter Service Scholarship
$10,000 per year
The John Paul Fechter Service Scholarship recognizes transfer students who are committed to community service. It is renewable over a maximum of six semesters or until a bachelor's degree is completed, whichever occurs first. Recipients must complete 40 hours of service per semester. Requirements include:
- 2.5 cumulative GPA in previous college coursework
- Completion of at least 60 transferable college credit hours
- Demonstration of significant involvement in community service
- Apply via your mySLU portal. Click on the Scholarship Suite icon under the Tools tab and complete the general application questions, then click Finish and Submit. Choose the John P. Fechter Scholarship and apply.
Billiken, Ignatian, University, Deans' or Vice Presidents' Scholarships
$3,000 to $18,000 per year
If you are transfer student who has completed fewer than 24 credit hours, you may be considered for one of the freshman merit-based scholarships listed above. These scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the University and are renewable over a maximum of seven semesters.